Tuesday, July 20, 2010

When?


By me.

So I was reading a post from this guy's blog, and okay, I don't actually know him very well at all, except he's an incredible singer and Jonathan is mega jealous of his ability as a natural tenor to slide straight into falsetto. Anyway, while I can't answer the flannelet conundrum, I started thinking about when life got serious. This isn't done with quite as much humour or eloquence or diorama drama as he has, but I tried.

The best I can figure is, life gets serious when you realise that what you see is not always what you get. When you realise blurry crayon drawings don't remotely resemble real life, and people have agendas, and a sandpit is not a suitable place for an ant farm. Life gets serious when someone is mean to you for no particular reason, and when you do things you hate because you have to do them, and when you realise you might not ever be a rock star or fairy princess or red balloon. Life gets serious when you realise that just because a necklace looks shiny, it isn't necessarily made of gold or silver or anything of value, when you think too much, when you first wish you could be someone else, and when you understand wishes don't always come true. And life gets serious when you start blogging about the seriousness about it all.

But in all seriousness, my life is looking pretty serious at the moment. Parents are scared I'm going to screw up my entire schooling career by dropping methods and picking up media (which I will do) and I've boycotted Facebook and MSN, and my playlist consists of Regina Spektor, The Scene Aesthetic, Stars, Death Cab For Cutie and also Paramore. How melancholy. (I already said 'serious' seven times.)

No comments:

Post a Comment