Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Taaaaake on me...



I think if I had to choose my three favourite music videos ever...they would have to be:
  1. a-ha - Take On Me
  2. Coldplay - Strawberry Swing
  3. Death Cab For Cutie - A Movie Script Ending
Now I think about it, these three have a few things in common. They're all love stories in different ways and they all use some form of animation (rotoscoping, chalk drawn and stop motion photos, respectively). And they're all amazing. I just discovered the music video for Take On Me, which is why I want to rave about it. And now I've gotten to the part where I can babble on about how amazing it is, I can't think of what to say...

I just really like the concept. I'm sure everyone has fictional characters, from movies or books or the like, that they wish were real. (This song is totally not on repeat right now, I swear.) I...get so invested in characters onscreen, or in a book or graphic novel, and DAMMIT, I WANT SOME HOT NORWEGIAN GUY TO BREAK HIS WAY OUT OF A COMIC BOOK TO BE WITH ME KTHANKS.

Yes, the band is from Norway. That's what happens when I get obsessed, I look things up. They used rotoscoping, which is when they film the real life actors and then they project it somewhere and trace it all sketchy like. But that's olden day rotoscoping, and they used computers. Now I really want that for my media project. Never mind that it'll probably take months and months. Rawr.

Also, the singer has a range of at least two and a half octaves! That's actually quite incredible.

Completely unrelated, I'm pretty much up to date with my homework. Isn't it amazing? I don't even feel like myself! (A good thing, probably.)

Buffy is making me sad. SPOILER ALERT. Tara died. And Willow went all dark and 'bored now!' and flayed a guy alive. The guy was effed up anyway. He killed his girlfriend and Tara and almost killed Buffy and he was a traitor and loser. But I'm two episodes from finishing Season 6. I'm pretty sure I downloaded/watched the whole season in less than a week. But I keep accidentally reading spoilers, rawr.

3 comments:

  1. OMG. I REMEMBER WATCHING TAKE ON ME ON TV WHEN I WAS SMALL AND BEING SO AWESTRUCK BY IT. Esp since I'd only been familiar with A1's cover of it and had never heard of A-ha. It's an awesome music vid for sure. <3

    Watched the other two as well. Strawberry Swing I'd seen before, but not the Death Cab for Cutie one. The YouTube link you posted was a static vid, btw. As in, it was just one image all throughout. :P But I found it in the sidebar thing and watched it. Sad. ):

    AND NOW I REMEMBER WE WERE SUPPOSED TO DO MUSIC VIDEOS AS WELL. Ty for the blog fodder. Haha. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so amazing. A1 have NOTHING on a-ha!

    Eep! Thanks for the heads up! And yes, music videos, go! (:

    ReplyDelete