Sunday, August 15, 2010

Completely addicted...

To music. Odd, isn't it?

I've been noticing it more lately. Like...I have to have my iPod speakers playing while I'm in the shower or brushing my teeth. And I listen to them when I sleep. And then on my Macbook when I wake up. Recently I had a mini spaz when I had to go from the car's music to my room to listen to music again. It was so weird.

Last night I listening to musicals, and I was convinced that musical theatre was my calling, and if I didn't sing on stage in a musical, I would die unhappy and unfulfilled.

Today I'm listening to Eminem and I have come to the conclusion that I just need music. Need it, sort of the same way I need oxygen or water.

Mini-tangent: I actually really like Eminem. I first got into him in Grade 5, and I'm pretty sure I had a huge crush on him. And I've decided that the reason Eminem is so much more awesome than other rappers is that he's a minority for one. A minority in his field, but not in you know, life. Or America. Or...whatever. It's sort of like...there is no shortage of Asians. But look at musical theatre and they are definitely a minority. That's sort of what I mean.

And I still like him. Because he's not like 'CHICKS. MONEY. RIDES. CHICKS. BOOBS. SEX. SEX. SEX.' At least, not all the time like other rappers. I like the way he rhymes.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that, I don't think I could handle any sort of future that doesn't involve music. I was thinking about music industry, like managing, but I don't know if I could be that close to so much yet not have it.

And so ends another post about what to do. Time for some Buffy.

3 comments:

  1. I can see why a lot of people like Eminem. He's more real, you know? You forgot 'bling', btw. :P

    Mixing? Would you be into mixing or wtv it is they call it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did forget bling! I thought there was something missing!

    Mixing...bit too...hip hop. Haha. Or do you mean as in sound engineering/production? I really have no idea what to do =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, right, that! Sorry, I rly don't know what it's called. But I've seen on the back of most albums 'Mixed by (for example) Chris Lord-Algae' or something like that. (THAT'S NOT QUITE HIS NAME I THINK BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER IT SOZ LOL.

    ReplyDelete