Friday, September 3, 2010

Running

Do you ever feel like you're running very fast? Running away from something but you're not sure what, and towards something, but you don't know what that is either? And you don't know what it is, but you have the feeling that when you reach it, everything will be okay and you'll be someone different? Or someone more, or someone less, or someone. And you're running out of time, so you run faster. And then there's a cliff coming up and you're running too fast to avoid it. So you fall.

 Insert indie photograph here.


"Sometimes I feel so - I don't know - lonely. The kind of helplessness feeling when everything you're used to has been ripped away. Like there's no more gravity, and I'm left to drift in outer space with no idea where I'm going."
- Sputnik Sweetheart, Haruki Murakami

1 comment:

  1. All the time. Except I know what I'm running from.

    But sometimes I feel like I'm running from myself.

    ReplyDelete