Saturday, September 4, 2010

Good stuff and bad stuff and other stuff.

Well, I have these stupid braces and elastics that I always need to wear. On the bad side, my teeth are a pain - I tried to eat some Special K today. I ate about three pieces before I gave up, due to my teeth yelling at me. On the good side, it means I'm not constantly snacking.

Good side, I've had some pretty great conversations with two or three really great people lately. On the downside, I've been asked to be someone's backup girlfriend. Which makes me think that I'm not going to ever be a real girlfriend. Real comforting.

We also got our school photos (terrible), one of my friends got expelled (awful, horrible, angering, and many more unpleasant emotions), we're watching Clueless in Lit (totally DOPE), I'm thinking about getting a new phone (vaguely exciting), tomorrow is the audition for the Christmas Choir at Crown, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the holidays.

I'm trying to write a 'fanfiction' for Pride and Prejudice, which is irritating because I don't think I can write something linked to Pride and Prejudice that is short. Because Pride and Prejudice is a ridiculously long and very idealistic book. So I can't make the Darcys have marital problems, or affairs, or anything, because Jane Austen FINISHES THE BOOK by saying blah blah, they're happy forever. Dammit.

And oh yeah, I won first prize. Hello $300 and reaffirmation of my potential in the field of writing.

This was an incredibly boring post. I apologise.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Aaah, I'm proud of you. :DDD I knew you'd get it!

    Backup girlfriend wtf wtf wtf. Don't you ever think that. You have been an actual girlfriend and you will be again in the future. And I'm not talking real far-off when-you're-twenty-something future. Don't. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou <3
    I admit I was crossing my fingers as the judge read out the finalists.

    And, I don't know. But I think I'll have to stop caring about that x]

    ReplyDelete